Career Opportunity: Room Attendant
POSITION: Room Attendant
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Supervisor
STATUS OF POSITION: Seasonal/Permanent
WHO WE ARE: At Horseshoe Resort, we are a team that loves to serve people, priding ourselves on the service that our colleagues deliver to our guests. Horseshoe Resort is always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team of hospitality professionals and recreation enthusiasts. If you are outgoing, friendly and love adventure and the outdoors, you may be the person we are looking for!
Room Attendants are responsible for cleaning guest rooms. Room Attendants need to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests and responding to queries.
- Changing bed linen and making beds.
- Replacing used towels and other bathroom amenities, such as shampoo and soap.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Vacuuming carpets.
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Cleaning public areas, such as corridors.
- Reporting any technical issues and maintenance needs.
- Updating status of guest rooms on assignment sheet.
- Returning and restocking cleaning cart at shift end.
- Be able to be on their feet for a full shift, up to 8 hours or more
- Be able to move up and down the stairs
- Be flexible with their schedule, primarily working day shifts and occasionally evening shifts, as business levels require
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs and push up to 250lbs
- Be able to twist, bend, and reach while working at a fast pace
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills or efforts associated with or expected of the role, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
Join our team today, and enjoy employee perks such as Resort staff pass for yourself and your dependents, retail, lodging, and restaurant discounts, along with additional perks and discounts at our other affiliated resort – Deerhurst Resort in Muskoka.